This Is Where I Leave You: A Review

 


When I first read the title and the back of this book, I knew this won't be a lovey-dovey romance book. Yet the point of view in the story intrigued me so much I decided to buy one.

The story revolved around Judd Foxman, who one day caught his wife sleeping with his own boss. He then decided to leave his wife along with the house and that left him homeless. The story started to get more intense when the news of his father's death came to him. His father's last wish was for everyone to stay together for a week as a family. And this is one of the things that I like in the story. The winding road to get acquainted with the family.


I have to admit that to me this book is more about Judd's family rather than his marriage. The way Judd was trying to communicate with his family during his dad's funeral is a story worth reading. Judd's relationship with his family is full of flaws. Yet it is the heart of the story. Each event in the story makes me reflect back on how my relationship with my sibling or other families for that matter goes. Judd here makes me feel like I have the best family of my own, sorry Judd.

I enjoyed reading this book because all the characters seem so real. Each of them has a different crisis that they are going through. The way they speak with such unfiltered language feels refreshing and real. Reading a book written from a man's point of view is as refreshing as the storyline itself. Makes me crave more.

Definitely will try to read another Tropper's story.




Komentar